Tap into our expertise
Enhancing the skills of your employees could be the best investment you’ll ever make. Why? Because the better their skills, the more likely your business will be successful and profitable. What’s more, funding is available to eligible employers to cover your training and skills development costs.
FREE advice from REAL professionals
Cumbria Growth Hub provides an employer focused support service offering advice on and guidance on all aspects of workforce development and apprenticeships.
How it works
- Get in touch with one of our employer service support team members on 0844 257 84 50 who will explain how the funding scheme works and how to apply. This service is completely free and impartial. We can also provide support and guidance on apprenticeships.
- Once we have details about your business, one of our specialist advisors will arrange to visit your business and carry out a full review of your training needs (TNA). The review is designed to identify where improved skills could help your business develop and grow.
- We will then assess your TNA and pass on it to an appropriate training organisation which includes specialists in your business sector.
- They will advise you on suitable training programmes for your employees including those eligible for funding.
The project delivers education and training that best supports the needs of local employers and employees in the Cumbria LEP area.
The aim is to support employees to gain higher level skills and progress within the workplace or onto other opportunities such as an apprenticeship or higher level learning.
To access ESF support eligible employers must have a registered base in Cumbria and have less than 250 employees. Their staff must be employed and living in England to be eligible. Those who are self employed are also eligible.
To apply, contact the Growth Hub:
- Tel: 0844 257 84 50
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. The impartial brokerage and apprenticeship service provided by Cumbria Growth Hub is entirely free.
Get in touch with us on 0844 257 84 50 to find out how our specialist advisers can help identify your training needs, match you with a training organisation that can meet your requirements and, provide support and guidance on apprenticeships.
A wide range of funded training solutions is available to Cumbrian businesses through The Edge Partnership. These include higher level skills/qualifications and apprenticeship programmes.
Training is delivered by The Edge – a partnership of highly skilled and experienced providers of training and business support. These include University of Cumbria, Cumbrian colleges of further education and other specialist training organisations.
Wherever possible, training and skills development will be funded via the ESF Edge programme. If the training you require is not fundable you will be advised of other potential funding streams or full cost options.